As well as having fun, bowls offers many health and social benefits. Bowling provides anaerobic exercise giving a variety of muscles a workout, while also exercising the mind as you learn tactical play.
In a typical game you will:
- Bend approximately 42 times
- Walk about 0.8 miles (1,260 metres)
- Swing your arm with a 3-pound weight about 40 times.
The social benefits of bowls include:
- Can be played by all age groups
- Provides an opportunity to make new friends
- Allows partners to play together
- Facilitates regular social contact
- Provides an opportunity to become part of a community.
Get yourself along to the NSC and try it for yourself – you will be made most welcome.
Find out more:
Alternatively contact: the IOMIBA Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org