This year’s AGM will take place in the NSC Bowls Hall on Friday 29th March 2019 at 6.30pm. The agenda is as follows:
- Welcome address
- Update from NSC Manager
- Minutes of the 2018 AGM
- Matters arising
- Treasurer’s Annual Report
- Matters arising
- Appointment of Auditor
- President’s Annual Report
- Presentation of League Trophies
- Annual Subscriptions
- Affiliation to the International Indoor Bowls Council
- Election of officers:-
- President – Win Kewley willing to re-stand
- Treasurer – vacant
- Secretary – vacant
- Fixtures Officer – Tony Dugdale willing to re-stand
- Press Officer – Norman Kneen willing to re-stand
- Website Manager – Paula Garrett willing to re-stand
- Committee Member – David Quirk willing to re-stand
- IIBC reps
- Proposed new rules
That Association members who represent the Isle of Man at International Indoor or World Bowls or Disability Bowls or Crown Green Bowls approved competitions are allowed to rearrange any league matches which occur during the competition timeframe, up to a maximum of 2 rearranged matches within a season, if they are unable to field a substitute for the league.
- In the spirit of fairness throughout the sport of bowls and to raise the profile of bowling in the Isle of Man we should encourage and support bowlers selected to represent the Isle of Man both nationally and internationally.
- World Indoor Bowls Council has affiliated to World Bowls and changed its name to International Indoor Bowls Council and forged closer links between the two organisations for the overall benefit of the sport of bowls.
- Indoor Bowling Associations in the U.K. and internationally allow members to reschedule games when representing their country in Indoor /Lawn Bowls /Disability Bowls/Short Mat/Crown Green Bowls competitions and, by maintaining our current stance of only allowing rescheduling for International Indoor events, we are damaging the reputation of the Isle of Man Indoor Bowling Association.
Proposer : Win Kewley
Seconder : Pam Makin
- Any other business