- The leagues shall consist of a number of teams composed of a minimum of three (3) players or more.
- Leagues matches will consist of:
One game of Triples (duration 8 ends). Three woods each.
One game of Pairs (duration 8 ends). Four woods each.
One game of Singles (duration 10 ends). Four woods each. The “HOME” team is responsible for providing a marker at the scoreboard end for Singles games.
Pairs League – each player has four woods each.
Each match shall be played over the better of two sets, with each set consisting of seven ends.
The winner of a set will be the pair with the highest number of shots when the seventh end is completed.
If the shot scores are tied after the seventh end of a set, the set will be a draw.
Ends should be played in turn from opposite directions.
The jack to be re-spotted in all matches.
- Evening games shall commence at 6.30 pm.
Day league games will commence at 10.00 am
- The winners of each game shall be awarded two points, with one point each for a draw. Each team match has six points at stake. Pairs League matches have 4 points at stake.
- The names of the players must be registered by the skip of each team. League players must be fully paid up members of the Indoor Bowling Association and current NSC contract holders. Teams to be registered by 6.25 pm.
- The players registered must be present 10 minutes before his/her game. A registered player cannot be changed less than 10 minutes prior to the game commencing.
- If a team is present with only two players at 6.25 pm, that team is deemed to have lost the triples with a score of 10 shots against them. They can, however, continue to play the Pairs and the Singles matches.
If at the scheduled start time for their match a Pairs team is absent or unable to field two players using a substitute that team will be deemed to have lost the match and the opposing Pairs team will be awarded the match win, gaining 4 points and 14 shots.
- A member, once having played three times for a team, is restricted to that team in the same league. However, players may act as substitute for a team in a HIGHER league, but subject to normal subs rule. Players may not substitute for another team in the same league NOR substitute for a team in a LOWER league after playing for a team on three or more matches.
A player, who does not play in the evening leagues, may play as a substitute in an evening league, subject to (8) above.
- Result sheets to be signed by both Skips and handed in to the Committee member on duty, at the end of matches.
- Rinks used for matches as per League Fixture List.
- At the start of a match the away team to have the Jack.
Inspecting the head: The skip may visit the head once per end before the delivery of the last wood.
- A player of a team due to meet a player or team who has previously played on the same day may practice:
(a) Provided there is time available
(b) A lane is available other than the lane the player or team has been drawn to play on.
(c) May be allowed for a team with a bye notwithstanding that the team or player may have already played on the same green on the same day. The Fixture Secretary or Committee Member shall allocate lanes.
(d) If two players or teams are entitled to practice they may practice together.
(e) If a dispute arises in a game, the two skips will make a decision in accordance with World Indoor Bowls rules book. If a decision cannot be agreed and a qualified umpire is present, he or she will decide. If no umpire is present the end shall be played again. A letter may be sent to the Committee within three days of the incident.
- THERE IS NO RE-ARRANGEMENT RULE APPLICABLE.
All matches will be played in accordance with the fixture list on the date and rink specified thereon.
Exception to Rule 13:
In the event of a player(s) being chosen to represent the Isle of Man at national or international level at a WIBC event, then that player may apply to the committee for permission to rearrange any team or pairs league match(es) which is scheduled during the time the player(s) is off island at the designated WIBC competition.
In the event of the player representing the island in an U25s event, this exception will extend to his/her travelling companion should that person also play in the same team or pairs that the representative is registered with.
- Promotion and relegation
Monday: Pairs – Premier Division
Tuesday: Pairs – 1st Division
Wednesday: Team – Premier Division
Thursday: Team – 1st Division
Friday: Pairs – 2nd Division
All leagues shall operate on a 1 up and 1 down basis with the Champions being promoted and the bottom team being relegated. Promotion and relegation does not apply to the Tuesday morning league.
- The Committee shall have the power to decide any matters not provided in these rules.
- All electronic devices (i.e. mobile phones, pagers, cameras etc.) must be either switched off or on “silent” mode. Players are not permitted to receive or make calls or texts whilst playing a game. If a call or text is either received or made, the set currently being played will be awarded to the other team, with 10 chalks and 2 points.
- On the first playing dates for each league copies of the IOMIBA League Rules and Fixture Schedules will be available to team captains.
- Each team captain to receive a list of all league captains showing contact details on request via the secretary.
Members are reminded that the NSC is a totally NO SMOKING facility and that ban extends to the use of e-cigarettes.